We are already in a panic situation due to the Novel Coronavirus. To date, more than 3.5 million people are affected by Coronavirus and more than 250k people died. Due to the outburst of Coronavirus, WHO(World Health Organization) already declared it as Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). In fact, WHO is not recommending travelers to travel from one place to another.
But, what if you need to travel for some emergency or your country is almost risk-free from the CoronaVirus. If you have to travel by any means during the Coronavirus outbreak, you need to take some precautions. Let’s follow some travel tips to ensure that you are safe while traveling.
Do Proper Planning:
So, the first travel tips during the Coronavirus outbreak is to create a risk-free plan. Before you depart, open your map. Learn about the states you want to visit. Check the information on the places whether they are open to travel or not.
To not be surprised, most of the countries have stopped their international airlines to stop the COVID-19 transmissions. So, if you want to go abroad for any emergency, you must contact the foreign ministry for making a path to travel to other countries.
Do Packing and Sanitising
After making a plan to travel, now it’s time to pack your bag and baggage. It is another most important travel tips that your necessary accessories must be sanitized. You should bring the most important stuff with you – dry foods, bottled water, vaccinations — but also products for keeping hands and surfaces clean and sanitized.
Another travel tips?
Do not touch door nobs or the faucet after washing your hands with sanitizer or hand wash. Bring your bank cards with you so that you don’t need to touch the money at all. Try to pay for everything with your card.
Travel Tips For Your Safety
During your trip, you should follow some travel tips for your safety.
- Wash your hand frequently up to 20 seconds each time after touching anything, especially after coughing or sneezing, and before and after consuming any food.
- Always wear face mask especially KN-95 and use hand gloves even when you are traveling outside of your house. The best way is to wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- If you are planning to stay at any hotel, make sure that your hotel room is properly cleaned and there’s no COVID-19 patient staying in the hotel.
- Avoid contact with other persons with COVID-19 symptoms especially those who have respiratory disease (fever, cough, breathing difficulties).
Do Not Travel If You Are More Than 60 Years Old
If you are more than 60 years old or you have any kind of physical illness, you shouldn’t make any travel plan. According to WHO’s travel tips, elderly travelers with underlying health conditions should abort or delay the travel to the affected areas of COVID-19. Because 72.1 percent of death happened to the people over 65 years old.
Moreover, after returning from any trip, please follow the following tips to ensure that you are safe from COVID-19 :
- After returning from any trip, make sure that you stayed at home for at least 14 days to closely monitor your health conditions.
- In case you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, don’t get panicked. Contact the National Health Emergency Number to let them know whether you develop any respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or cough within 14 days after your return.
Traveling should be fun and enjoyable.Though we have mentioned some effective travel tips during the Coronavirus outbreak, you shouldn’t go outside unless it’s an emergency. It’s your responsibility to protect yourself and other travelers. So, please take the travel tips while planning for a trip. Otherwise, stay home and stay safe from COVID-19.